Kids and cheese: some love it and others loathe it. Now my youngest is a real cheese monster. The other day I had a piece of truffle cheese and I didn't even get a chance to eat it, he had already eaten it.
And sir is 3! Truffle cheese is also quite distinct in taste. Well, apparently the taste was good! His brother is less of a fan of cheese but if it is melted he likes it.
And he also likes grated cheese on pasta.
These cheese croquettes are so good for my kids. I actually like anything with melted cheese in it myself. You won't see me eating a cheese sandwich anytime soon. I like cheese better in a dish or on the go.
These croquettes are also my favorite! Tasty and creamy. It is also super fun to make them with your kids.
They really enjoy helping you with breadcrumbs. And then enjoy it! With this recipe you make 16 croquettes so that is quite a lot but you can just freeze half of them.
What you need?
Ingredients for 16 croquettes
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 100 grams of extra mature cheese, grated
- 100 grams of flour
- 3 eggs
- 5 dl milk
- 50 ml of cream
- a dash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- a few tablespoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- A grater or chopper
- a deep fryer or air fryer
- baking paper
- a rectangular baking dish
How to proceed?
- Put a pan on medium heat.
- Put the cubes cut into butter in the pan and let melt.
- Add the flour to the melted butter. Whisk until you get a firm roux. Keep stirring and let the roux dry out a bit.
- Add the milk and stir continuously until the sauce thickens. Now you have a thick béchamel sauce. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the grated cheese with a wooden spoon and let it melt in the hot sauce.
- Separate the eggs. You only use the yolks
- Add the cream to the egg yolks and beat loosely.
- Add the cream-egg mixture to the cheese mixture and stir well.
- Season the base for the cheese croquettes with salt and pepper. Add some nutmeg to taste.
- Put a sheet of baking paper and a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Spoon the sauce into the dish and even out the top. Put another sheet of baking paper on top and brush the paper with your hands so there is no air underneath.
- Leave to set for a few hours in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Put down 3 deep plates containing the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Carefully remove the croquette filling from the baking dish and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into rectangles.
- Pass each croquette successively through the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Put the breaded croquettes on a flat dish.
- Heat the Airfryer to 180 degrees.
- Bake the croquettes for 15 minutes until cooked and golden brown
- Heat the frying fat to 170 degrees.
- Fry the croquettes in a few minutes until golden brown.
This article was written by Debbie Bodewes. You can find more from Debbie at her blog Deb's Bakery & Kitchen
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Fulltime Mama uses affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the links, we may get a small commission on it. It costs you nothing extra, but it does give us something.
With these proceeds we can maintain this website. Also, sometimes we get paid for an article or we get a product in exchange for a blog post. Our opinion remains unchanged and honest because of this. For more information you can read the disclaimer. ♥ ♥ ♥